T1.C2 Assessment and Employment Planning Part 1
Too often individuals struggle with job success due to the failure to conduct appropriate and comprehensive pre-employment discovery and assessment. The key to true job matching is a full understanding of the skills, assets, challenges and ideal conditions for employment for the job seeker. The goal of this course is to return assessment to a more prominent place in the process
Individuals participating in this course will learn:
1. The critical importance of assessment in the overall supported planning process.
2. The role of Discovery in the supported employment planning process.
3. The role of community-based assessment in the supported employment planning process.
4. How to view file information with a critical and discerning eye.
5. Key information to be obtained during the assessment phase.
6. The distinction between the concepts of Notice & Wonder.
Individuals participating in this course will feel:
1. Confident in having a solid knowledge base in assessment and employment planning.
2. Empowered to provide thorough, quality assessment services.
3. Prepared to work with job seekers in a variety of community environments and employment settings.
4. Motivated to update their own or their organization’s assessment practices.
5. Inspired to make a difference in the lives of others.
Individuals participating in this course will be able to:
1. Identify the pro/cons of their current assessment practices.
2. Identify potential partners and external natural supports, inclusive of friends, family, funders and community members.
3. Effectively utilize information from the case file during the assessment process.
September 18, 2017
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
New York, NY