T3.C3 Staff Supervision Skills
The key to long term success is cultivating long term employees. This course will explore the tools and foundational skills for effective and efficient supervision of employment support professional. Participants in this course will leave with an increased sense of purpose and direction for their own role, which in turn will influence growth for their team.
Individuals participating in this course will learn:
- Strategies for assessing departmental needs for skill, knowledge and talent and how to interview and identify these qualities in prospective applicants.
- The ideal qualities of the supported employment professional and how to foster these qualities in staff
- The unique nature of supervising staff in programs providing employment supports
- Methods for fostering personal and professional growth and independence in employment support professionals
Individuals will be able to:
- Maintain positive and respectful relationships with program staff
- Be seen as an open, trusting and safe option for staff to vent and share ideas and concerns
- Serve as a role model for the employment support professional
- Foster and develop staff who reflect positively on the organization and upon the overall field of providing employment supports
July 8, 2020
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM