BenchmarkABILITY® is an organizational self-assessment tool comprised of six checklists that were developed by researchers at the Yang-Tan Institute. The six checklists (15 items each) are on the following topics:
- Recruitment & Hiring
- Career Development & Retention
- Accessibility & Accommodation
- Compensation & Benefits
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Metrics & Analytics
After completing a checklist, a report is generated. The report has links to further information and related resources on each of the 15 items. By going through these six checklists, the representative completing them is able to have a profile of the organization across six workplace disability inclusion practice areas. Completed checklists can be compared across organizational representatives so companies can see how representatives from various locations report on whether their unit is implementing each practice.
- Licensed replication of the BenchmarkABILITY® Tool for Singapore
- Companion online training for HR professionals: Six 1-hour video courses that provide in-depth information for human resource practitioners to learn more about the specific topic areas related to the checklists. These courses are available for HRCI credits (one for each course).
- Online training for rehabilitation service providers/counselors: An online course for rehabilitation counselors using BenchmarkABILITY® will be offered in fall 2018 by the Commission on Certification of Rehabilitation Counselors (CRCC). This course is worth seven continuing education units toward CRCC certification renewal for certified counselors.
Office Phone: 607-255-9536
Assistant Phone: 607-255-7727