Technical Assistance Partnership for Transition
The New York State Education Department Office of Special Education (OSE) created coordinated and cohesive network of support focused on enhancing services and supports for students with disabilities ages birth to 21. The network is called the OSE Educational Partnership and is focused on increasing capacity using an intensive team approach to technical assistance and professional development that is implemented with consistency across New York State. The professional development provided by the OSE Educational Partnership focuses on systems change in order to provide more efficient and streamlined services to support implementing the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and support schools in improving equity, access, and opportunities for all students.
The OSE Educational Partnership will be comprised of five Technical Assistance Partnerships (TAP), 12 Regional Partnership Centers, 14 Early Childhood Family and Community Engagement Centers, and 14 School-age Family and Community Engagement Centers. The Technical Assistance Partnership for Datais one of five technical assistance partnership sites. The other four are: Transition, Equity, Academics, and Behavior. The five TAPs will work together to provide professional development and technical assistance to regions across the state of New York.
The TAP for Transition will:
- Provide support to regional teams of specialists across the state though professional development, coaching, and technical assistance
- TAP associates are assigned to regions and serve as members of the regional level partnership team
- Create training materials and curriculum based on evidence-based and research-based practices for students with disabilities
- Coordinate and collaborate with the other TAPs and NYSED to provide support to the regional teams
- Create resources and training materials to be shared on the Partnership website
Kelly Clark, Co-PI, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
PI-Thomas Golden, Co-PI- Kelly Clark